Friday, December 2, 2016

Vision, Communication & Mentorship: Keys for the Future

                                                                                                                                                  [Originally sent out on November 2nd. If you'd like to get on my email update list contact me at trevorywam@gmail.com]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Here's an update you on the work I've been doing recently and what God has been doing in me personally!

Communicating the Goodness of God
For the past couple months I've been working in the Communications Department at YWAM LA. My work is primarily focused on running our social media, so I produce material for Facebook and Instagram every day and work on blogs for the website. I was attracted to this job because I really enjoy writing and that is a large part of what this work entails. Working in Communications has given me the opportunity to better appreciate what God is doing in and through our community. My job is to let the world know what God is doing in the lives of our students and staff and how He is impacting the world through our lives and our work. It is a huge privilege to be able to tell these stories and I get so blessed in the process! Much of my job involves communicating vision for our future schools as well, and it has been a joy to partner with our school leaders and communicate the heart of what God is doing through our various programs. It's rewarding work because God is so good and His involvement in our lives is exciting!


Visions of the Future

Recently, I've been considering several different ministries I'd like to potentially get involved with next year. After two years, this is the first time that I haven't been serving in a school and directly involved in leadership/discipling students. God put it on my heart to take this season away from schools, largely so that I could spend more time with Him to refine my dreams and plans for the future. I am super blessed to have this time to focus more intently on the ways He wants to challenge me to grow in my walk with Him and to dream bigger for the future.




The Importance of Mentorship
I have felt challenged for quite some time that I needed to seek out more intentional relationship with elders who can mentor me in my walk with the Lord. I'm happy to say that I have recently connected with a couple of older and wiser guys in our community that have agreed to walk with me and mentor me. I'm excited because I know that vulnerability and forward focused community is a way God has designed us to thrive, and mentorship is a very necessary tool to push us to our fullest potential. I think God desires for us to be pouring into people who aren't as far along as us, to have a solid group of peers that we do life alongside of, and to have more mature people pouring into us.

Thank you so much for reading all of this! Your friendship and support means the world to me! I hope that by sharing my journey with you, you are continually encouraged by the incredible character and nature of God. Even amidst insurmountable grief and struggle, He is good, and He is with us. If there is ever any way I can serve you, support you or pray for you, please feel free to reach out. I mean that.

No comments:

Post a Comment