Sunday, April 3, 2016

The International Jesus :: Famous In Our Hearts


Heelloo from Costa Rica!

My team and I have been here for a week now, and everything is going so well. I'm excited to report on everything that's been happening but there's something else I want to share tonight. Something special that Jesus showed me today...

This morning we went to a church in the local community around the YWAM San Jose base. No one really spoke English there and the service was all in Spanish, but it felt welcoming to me as we walked in. The music and worship began right away, and as soon as it did I felt the Holy Spirit speaking to me. I looked around at a room full of strangers who I could hardly even communicate with, but I felt such a connection with them. I saw them worship and I recognized a common thread that we all shared; the connection is Jesus,

And these thoughts entered my mind and spirit. How great it is to see that Jesus is so good and alive in every nation. That He is worshiped in every nation. In the sweetness of this congregations worship I had a fresh revelation of the beauty and goodness of Jesus Christ. Their worship was so sweet because it was in response to the touch of Jesus in their lives. His presence was apparent. How beautiful it was to see the glory and power of Jesus in wider perspective. To see the imprint of His goodness in the hearts and lives that now freely worship Him...

I can tend to see God through such a narrow perspective. Through my here and now and how I'm feeling. I forget the ways He has touched my own life. The ways He has pursued me, saved and delivered me, forgiven me, healed me, guided, provided for and loved me, I become numb to the awesomeness of Jesus written all up and down the pages of our life together. But He is gracious to remind me, and my tears confirm His goodness within my soul.

How sweet it is to be here in a foreign country and to worship with total strangers, and in that to have a greater revelation of how good Jesus is. Who is this guy who has the capacity to love all the nations of the earth while still loving every single person so passionately and personally? No one is overlooked in the eyes of Christ. He died for all and for each. His Gospel is for all and for each.

Who is Jesus? He is the Son of God, who reveals to us the heart of our Heavenly Father. All around the earth we worship Him, because He has touched our lives and we can never be the same.

Savior.
Lover.
Best Friend.

Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment