Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Return to Panama & Costa Rica!!


I am thrilled to announce that at the end of this month I'll be heading out to lead a three month missions trip to Costa Rica and Panama! This time last year I was just getting back from there and I am so excited to be returning! Our team consists of my co-leader Jane and three students from Wales, the Netherlands and the U.S. As a team we are enthusiastic to seize the time we have, love with boldness and leave a lasting impact where we go.


The What: What We're Doing Abroad
Our time in Costa Rica will be spent partnering with the YWAM base in San Jose doing everything from working with orphanages, local churches, Bible distribution and serving in the construction of new YWAM base led by my friend who I worked with last year. In Panama we will be partnering with the YWAM base in Chiriqui working on building relationship and sharing God's love with the Ngäbe tribe, an indigenous people group that has only been 8% reached by the Gospel. We also have the opportunity to work in a boys home, a nursing home, and do more Bible distribution as part of YWAM's current global effort to get a Bible into every home. Working with these two YWAM bases was the highlight of my experience last time around and I am so grateful to be able to serve with them again and love on the communities that they are constantly reaching out to!



The How: I Need Support to Get There!
Because of the small size of our team we as staff need to raise extra funds in order to cover the costs of the trip, in addition to the monthly fees we pay to be on staff with YWAM LA. I need to raise $1,500 for my part of this outreach. Please join with me in prayer for God's provision for our team and consider contributing towards this journey! I have less than a month to raise it, but I recall countless instances of God's incredible provision in my life and the lives of others that gives me great confidence. Where there's God's will, there's definitely a way!

If you'd like to contribute you can make a tax deductible donation at http://ywamla.wufoo.com/forms/make-a-donation/ 

 

Thank you so much for reading these updates and for your thoughts, prayers and support! I truly could not walk the journey that God has laid out for me without you! Stay tuned on my Facebook and blog to hear more reports on how our time in Costa Rica and Panama unfolds.

Blessings, gratitude, and many thanks!

- Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment