Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Mexio Outreach

Our lovely and talented Communications department did an awesome job on a little write up about our schools time in Mexico a few weeks, so I'm pleased to share it with y'all! I will add that this was the first time that we worked together on everything within our outreach teams, so it was awesome to have the opportunity for us all to work alongside one another enjoy each others company some more. Thanks for reading! God bless ~ 

- Trevor


*********************************************************************************************


Fall DTS went on a week long mini-outreach to Door of Faith Orphanage in La Misiรณn, Mexico. It was a life changing time for many of the students, two of which got baptized while there. Below are a couple testimonies from students who were greatly impacted by their time at the orphanage.
“This trip changed a lot in my heart. One morning we got up at 4am to feed people in a poverty stricken area in Mexico. It was dark so we couldn’t really see what was around us. Alot of people came, children and adults, everyone was really happy and nice. After giving them food someone drove us around the neighborhood, I was shocked, they had barely enough to build their houses and lived on dirt as far as I could see. But the people were happy, and it was hard to believe how this could be possible. I realized how thankful I am for how I grew up and what I have, I was also ashamed because I have so much and they have so little. In this time God also set me free from my past. He spoke righteousness into my heart. I cannot thank God enough for these days full of compassion, joy and service to others.”
-Esther Weiss
“The Mexico trip was an amazing journey of serving others alongside friends. The orphanage was definitely a lot different from what we all were expecting to see. From the very beginning we were shown so much love from the staff and children. Throughout the week we got to serve in different ways like painting, helping with the babies, playing with the kids, or helping the poverty sections. Our eyes were opened to such gratefulness and love and we as missionaries in training had to remind ourselves of how much we really take for granted. As our trip came to an end we decided to top it off with baptisms that two people in our group decided to do. Definitely a very eye opening trip!!”
-Shaya Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment