Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall DTS update #1: Students, outreach locations, and beyond

Hey friends!

Things are going great here at Youth With A Mission Los Angeles and our Fall Discipleship Training School (DTS) is diving in to its second week! We have an awesome group of students - 15 people representing 9 nations (Australia, Austria, Finland, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the U.S. and Canada) ranging in age from 17 to 27. They're all getting along great and seem very open and excited to grow in their relationships with God.

This week Steve Fry is teaching on the nature and character of God, and we are learning together with the Calling All Skaters DTS and the Justice DTS, which is focused on combating human trafficking. Our school just announced outreach locations to our students last night. We're sending a group to India and Nepal, and myself and two others will be leading a team to Panama and Costa Rica! I'm so excited to get to serve in these nations. We're probably going to be working with some very remote villages in Panama. I'll have more details about our outreach activities in the coming weeks. We'll be shipping out in early December. Until then we'll have teaching, training, and local-outreach activities in Los Angeles.


Prayer Requests: 

1 - Group Growth. Please pray for continual growth in our relationships with God and one another, and that nothing would hinder that growth, like homesickness or worry about the future. 

2 - Finances. I have to raise at least $500 a month to cover my living expenses here, and I currently have only $150 of pledged, monthly support. I'd be super blessed if you would join with me in prayer for this area. I know that when I follow God's direction, He never fails to provide. If you're considering becoming a financial partner, please let me know. I'd love to talk with you more in-depth about my work here.


I've attached another copy of my most recent newsletter in case you weren't able to view it last time around. I hope that you enjoy it. Thank you so much for reading, and please let me know if there's any way that I can be praying for you or with you 


Much love,
                 - Trevor 

No comments:

Post a Comment